Monday, June 2, 2008
RESPONSE FROM LINDSAY TANNER
3rd June 2008
Dear friends (from Dawn),
I have now received correspondence from Lindsay Tanner's office consisting of an Application for Waiver of Debt (about 9 pages!).
This is a major step forward.
However here are some questions I'm working through at the moment:
* Does a 'debt waiver' legitimize the 'debt'? Justice would require that the notion of 'indebtedness' be removed from my records...
* Is a 'waiving of the debt' equivalent to an annulment of all record of bankruptcy, which I would need to have done to clear my name?
* And what about the million-and-a-half dollars I'm out of pocket as an innocent person, pursued brutally by the Howard Government, in particular, doing 'whatever it takes' to destroy me?
* I've been delighted with the kindness expressed by Jenny Macklin and her staff. In 22 years of personal agony I've never been treated with any respect and concern... until now.
* More good news: The Adelaide newspaper The Independent Weekly has published a brilliant article in last Friday's (30th June) edition on the whole saga. We can't find the story on their website yet: it will probably appear later this week. (Could someone please send it by email to me at dawn.rowan[at]optusnet.com.au and to Rowland at rccroucher[at]optusnet.com.au . Thanks. We'll get it on to the blog asap.)
* If you haven't written to Lindsay Tanner's office encouraging him in this process, please send an email to him at Lindsay.Tanner.MP@aph.gov.au .
We'll keep you all posted!