Wednesday, May 14, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!!

(at least for now).

Dawn received a fax from Hon. Jenny Macklin's office today which says, in part:

'Even though I have no power to halt the debt recovery, you will be aware that the Minister for Finance and Deregulation [Hon. Lindsay Tanner] has the power to waive debts in circumstances such as yours.

'Accordingly, I am writing to the Minister for Finance and Deregulation asking him to consider the waiver of your debt.

'Please let me, or my Electorate Office, know if I can further assist you in this difficult time.

'Yours sincerely,

Jenny Macklin'.

****

I hope to talk with Jenny Macklin's Canberra office tomorrow (Thursday, May 15) to check about what else we can disclose.

But this is very good news. Hon. Lindsay Tanner has the final call (and he's a bit preoccupied at the moment with the Federal Budget).

There are still quite a few questions to be faced/answered. You'll hear from me again in a few days.

Jan and I are meeting with Dawn again tomorrow. To those of you who pray, let us give thanks for this milestone event, and pray for an uncomplicated positive decision by Mr. Tanner!

Thanks again to all of you for lobbying for justice for Dawn.

===>>> Why not email Jenny Macklin and thank her? (JMacklin.MP@aph.gov.au )

Rowland Croucher

No comments: